Kumc.edu Review:University of Kansas Medical Center - The University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC), a campus of the University of Kansas, located in Kansas City, Kansas offers educational programs and clinical training through its schools of Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, and Graduate Studies.
Country: North America, US, United States
City: Kansas City, Kansas
- Parshman - Excellent value for such a useful book!This is a must have for those entering the workforce for the first time, the first time in a long time, or those wanting to retool their career. It helps focus your interests so that you can match them up with an appropriate career. This is an easy read, but is packed with great stuff. I got it for my 16 year old to help her work through what she might enjoy doing with her professional life.
- Sheridan - Thank you! A pregnancy book based on facts!!!During my first pregnancy, I found myself spending a lot of time fact-checking the litany of medical recommendations prescribed to expecting moms and was surprised to find how few of them were based on actual scientific evidence. I wished there was a book like this that had done the research for me and presented the facts and relative risks in a way that let me decide for myself what to eat, drink and do - it would have saved me a lot of time and anxiety! Women deserve to enjoy themselves and their pregnancies without unnecessarily worrying or restricting their lives.
I think that the negative reviews for this book come from those who have a particular axe to grind about alcohol use during pregnancy. There is no doubt that drinking in excess is a problem, much the same way that many things in excess are bad for you - even prenatal vitamins (there's a big difference between one a day and the whole bottle!). Fruit juice even contains small amounts of alcohol, so by the logic of no amount is "100% safe", should pregnant women add morning OJ on the list of things not to eat? One of the most risky thing that you can do pregnant, by far, to endanger yourself and your child is to drive a car. Should you only get behind the wheel when it's absolutely necessary? Skip meeting friends for dinner? Or trips to the mall? Order groceries online? The truth is, there is no such thing as a risk free pregnancy, and women deserve to make decisions based on sound facts.
- hyperbolium - Best Domo calendar yet!Last year's Domo calendar was a bit disappointing, with some recycled pictures and a date grid that left little room for writing in your family's events. This year's model is a terrific improvement. Not only are there new pictures and a plainer - more usable - date grid, but our copy came with a sheet of Domo stickers! The picture pages include three or four shots each, and they're cued to the month, season and holidays. Themes include Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day, Easter, the Fourth of July, Back-to-School, Halloween and each of the four seasons. There are many truly creative shots, such as "Clockwork Orange Domo," "Rainbow Double-Dutch Domo" and "Peeps Domo." US, UK, Ireland and Canada holidays are noted, and the calendar is printed on high-quality stock. [©2012 hyperbolium dot com]
- Kalyn Brooke - Radical Christian? Yes, PleaseI have had the book, "Radical" by David Platt, on my wish list for a few months now. So you can imagine my excitement when I was able to review this book for free!
I want to make one thing clear - The Bible is the source of truth. It is the only book that will effectively change lives. But there are also books, like "Radical", that can challenge you to bring about Biblical change. They pry deep inside your ego to expose one's flaws and rip apart societal norms until you are forced to look back at the real Truth. "Radical" happens to be such a book.
I have heard someone review this book as causing one to bounce between two words, "ouch" and "amen". It's so true. David Platt forces you to look at the core and heart of gospel and then look at yourself to see if the two align.
He asks tough questions, such as:
"Who is Jesus to you?"
"Is Jesus someone worth losing everything for?"
"How much faith do you really put in your possessions?"
And my personal favorite......
"Are you relegating commands of Scripture to only a select few? God commands us to all go and make disciples. How many of us can actually say we are actively participating in this? (And no, I don't just mean give more money to the missionaries.) :)
I wish I could adequately sum up this book, but it's impossible. You just have to read it. And unfortunately, you cannot simply reflect on Platt's exposed truths, you have to act upon it. You have to live it.
- Poncella F. Hatcherson - Great purchase for a little price what a dealI placed my order on April 3rd online and received package via mail on April 8th. It didn't take long at all to load the protection on my desktop computer. I am happy that I spent under $10 with shipping included to get updated protection for my computer. My machine had began in the last few weeks to give me problems loading pages stating my computer was at risk even though it had McAfee protection I purchased the computer new less than 2 years ago. I typically always search on amazon for my bargins they provide the same products for a fraction of the cost thanks again.